Hello,

> So how did such a major and complete rewrite skip RFC/RFV, and become
> official within 6 days of being announced (if you count nikki's May 10 email
> as being the RFC, though not mentioned in the email's subject).

I think this misrepresents what nikki and I have done.

No major changes were made to the guidelines.  In all cases where I wanted
to remove a guideline or change a guideline I have posted an RFC to mb-style.

What we did do is:

1. remove guidelines which no longer apply due to changes in NGS
2. add first versions of new guidelines for new elements of NGS
3. restructure everything so that it is no longer a jumble of
   tiny documents spread out over the wiki, but a set of guidelines
   with at least some structure to them.

This whole process started in january 2010, and I think everyone has had
enough time to participate in it or voice their objections.

If you (or anyone else) think either nikki or I have not acted properly
here I suggest you discuss that with ruaok.

None of the new guidelines we've written are intended to be final.  But we
needed to have a starting point, and now that NGS has been release and
everyone is using it, we have a better foundation to discuss all of this
properly, and we can RFC/RFV any changes needed.

-- kuno / warp.