On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Bogdan Butnaru <bogd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn’t it possible to give titles to individual mediums in NGS? I think
> someone could successfully defend an RFC proposing some way of using
> that field to indicate “bonus disc” status, at least in cases where
> “official” information (packaging or the like) explicitly call a disc
> a bonus disc. (As opposed to just “disc 2”.)

I don't think this is really so interesting, but I also have
absolutely no problem with it. So if someone wants to see Bonus Disc
back, this seems like the best way of doing it (of course, restricting
it to the ones which *are* explicitly called "bonus disc" in the
release).

> I didn’t notice a “comment” field for mediums, but I didn’t look very
> closely, it’s possible there might one.
>
> — Bogdan Butnaru
>

> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:46, Dr Andrew John Hughes
> <gnu_and...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
>> On 26 May 2011 08:57, Ross Tyler <rossety...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Pre NGS, the fact that a release was a bonus disc was predominantly
>>> suggested in the release title.
>>> Now NGS bundles the bonus disc with the rest of the release but should
>>> there still be an explicit indication in the release group that this is
>>> a bonus release or is the number of discs sufficient?
>>> Please see the discussion at http://musicbrainz.org/edit/14499722
>>>

>> This seems like a clear regression from classic MB to me, as in many things
>> with
>> track listings; no artists, no ARs, etc.  This is probably the more
>> minor of those,
>> but important nonetheless.
>> --
>> Andrew :-)
>>
>> Support Free Java!
>> Contribute to GNU Classpath and IcedTea
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
>> http://icedtea.classpath.org
>>
>> PGP Key: F5862A37 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
>> Fingerprint = EA30 D855 D50F 90CD F54D  0698 0713 C3ED F586 2A37

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren