2011/6/10 Lemire, Sebastien <m...@benji99.ca>

> One possible issue with the workgroup concept is that happens when the
> work doesn't have any subgroups?
> The workgroup will need to behave and have the exact same attributes
> and relationships for this work. Or do we create a single subgroup
> within the workgroup. It's getting complicated
>
> To be honest, I wasn't too hot of the idea of simply linking work
> parts together at first, but I've come around to think it's probably
> the best scenario because:
> - if the mast work and subgroup are the same type of data, they can be
> linked directly (and independently) from the recordings.
> - We could theoretically have multiple layers of subgroups (as
> mentioned prior for opera)

*The concept of a master work linked to subworks is just a possible
implementation of the concept of workgroup. There are no difference if the
hierarchy is included too. To get multiple layers suppose to enter the
concept of work tree in MB... so to group work leafs on a same branch (and
so on for opera !).
*

> This as long as:
> - The sub-work inherits details from the master work,(Composer name,
> work type, date information), but changes to the subgroups will need
> to overwrite the master group (Sometimes parts will have different
> composition dates, etc...) But if we're confident the information in
> the master group is accurate, we should have the option to overwrite
> the subgroups. Would inheriting through ARs between works involve
> important rewrites to the code and structure of MB? Does the system
> already allow for this possibility?

*About the ARs inheritance, the proposal was to inherit ARs from a parent
work if the corresponding AR field is left blank at subwork level. That
permits to change a composition date of a subpart if necessary. A script
should permit to clear the subworks ARs.*

> - We can at some point remove the master work name from the subgroup
> ie: Master group: Chopiniana, Op. 46: and subgroup: II. Nocturne
> (we'll need some a different more flexible method to display the data)

*The removal of master work name (Part, act, scene,...) should be possible
if the notion of work tree is introduced. *