2011/6/15, Johannes Weißl <jar...@molb.org>:

>> > I guess b) is better because the film is more or less the equivalent
>> > to our Work or at least to something which we would put in that table,
>> > but since we obviously don't put films in the Work table, the IMDb AR
>> > serves a similar purpose to a Work-Work AR. If we choose a), we loose
>> > the information that this release is related to this film.
>>
>> Thinking further: ... but the IMDb AR is not quite suited for this
>> purpose. So we'd need to either enhance the AR to say that the release
>> is the soundtrack or only a derived release, or create a new AR for
>> this purpose.
>
> Yes, the text of the AR ("has an IMDb page at") is misleading, since the
> links usually lead to movies, and there are separate pages for the
> soundtrack. The explanation says:
> "Relates a soundtrack album to the Internet Movie Database page for the
> movie, show or game of which it is a soundtrack."
>
> So I agree, it would be nice to have something like the "Samples From"
> AR [1] for release groups (e.g. "Songs From"). What do you think?

Either that or change the AR by adding a "original soundtrack" check
box (what about non-original soundtracks BTW?) and change the link
formulation accordingly, something like:

"is the original soundtrack of the film at" and "is related to the film at"

But this makes me wonder if this modification would not allow useless
ARs to be entered :-/ We'd at least have to set up strict limits on
what "is related to" would be allowed to mean.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org