As long as mastering/mixing/engineering relationships apply to the Recording
level, and can't be moved to a Track/Tracklist level (Release level doesn't
work, because each recording could have different involved people), then
there is absolutely no way you can merge (1) and (2).

This is why I disagree with merging recordings with different volume/peak
levels as well even if they sound the same with volume adjusted.

As for (3), I'd say different encoding types are the same recording, even if
one is lossy and one is lossless, if the number of channels of audio is the
same.  (Can't logically argue that a 7.1 surround sound track is identical
to a mono track.)