Am 11.07.2011, 21:31 Uhr, schrieb Yin Izanami <yind...@gmail.com>:

> As long as mastering/mixing/engineering relationships apply to the
> Recording
> level, and can't be moved to a Track/Tracklist level (Release level
> doesn't
> work, because each recording could have different involved people), then
> there is absolutely no way you can merge (1) and (2).
>
> This is why I disagree with merging recordings with different volume/peak
> levels as well even if they sound the same with volume adjusted.

if you compile a sampler/compilation you have to do at least some leveling
to make the release bearable to listen to. so maybe we should credit
sound/balance/mixing/mastering (? i don't know the exact differences..)
engineers on a fuzzy release lvl for these kind of releases to inhibit
that recordings get stained by these ARs?

--
lorenz pressler
PGP 0x92E9551A