On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:17 AM, symphonick <symphon...@gmail.com>

> My main point is that we should not make mb-specific movements/parts.
> There will be issues regarding interpretation, but hopefully a modern
> score will be reasonably clear. We must look more into details on opera,
> I'd like to avoid a separate opera-style this time. Had a very quick look
> at a Mozart score online, & I'm guessing scenes will be the smallest
> works? http://dme.mozarteum.at/nma/

It really depends on the genre of opera.  Generally, yeah, scenes would be
the most granular units, but they may not align directly with musical breaks
(and there's always overtures and intermezzi and interludes and entr'actes
and other ways to make an interminable event even longer).  It's also pretty
common for arias to be pulled out for compilations and showpieces.  Of
course, whenever you create a comprehensive guideline, there are always
going to be
exceptions.<http://musicbrainz.org/release/e4326944-97a1-4775-af3c-8a649cb75928>

--Torc.