Hallo Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Wieland Hoffmann
> <themi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hallo Johannes Weißl:

> >> I still don't see at all why it should be used as label then. It even
> >> makes it more strange: Why is Bandcamp suddenly the label of the release
> >> if it is exclusively sold there, but not if it is also sold at CD Baby
> >> or iTunes? Does the release loose it's label as soon as the artist
> >> starts to sell it there?
> >
> > No, it's just that my focus was on Bandcamp exclusives, not releases
> > like [0], [1] that are released on Bandcamp and some other digital label
> > / distributor (although I'm interested in learning the difference
> > between 8bp, Jamendo and Bandcamp :-) ).
>
> As I said before, a label curates its content. I don't know how
> Jamendo works (and whether it is a label at all)

Probably not, if I get this discussion correctly ;)

Huh - http://www.8bitpeoples.com/about/demo_policy ?

> This is more clear in the case of *label* BandCamp pages, such as
> http://tundradub.bandcamp.com/ (and at least for a while those were
> all BandCamp exclusives - I think some of them can be downloaded from
> iTunes now too). The label there is clearly Tundra, not BandCamp.

It's not actually more clear - the *production* label is Tundra, the
distributing one is Bandcamp because it is clearly "distributing other
labels production" [0].

I'm getting the feeling that it's not entirely clear from our current
documentation how an offline / analog / youknowwhatimean distributor is
any different from an online / digital one.

[0] http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Label/Type

--
Wieland