monxton-2 wrote

> I'm not sure if that was irony, but if not, RL stands for Real Life :-)

OM God, I can't believe I didn't figure that out on my own :-)
I think I managed to kill all the bad edits, but let me know if I missed
one.

> The boundary between a performer adopting an alias name and a performance
> name which is obviously silly (Captain Sensible?) is a highly cultural
> (subjective) one. I wouldn't oppose your edits, but it would be
> difficult to create workable guidelines, even if we restricted ourselves
> to English names.

That seems a bit pessimistic to me (or maybe I'm just naively optimistic?).
But I don't think we need to get too specific either -- I'd just want to let
editors know that there is a boundary somewhere, that names on one side get
sorted one way and names on the other another way, and that deciding which
is which will sometimes be a judgment call.

Patrick