Hallo Andii Hughes:
> On 28 May 2012 21:33, Per Starbäck <per.starb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Says you. Whereas destroying the usability of MBz because of that
> > principle is simply not acceptable to me. The current entry for that
> > release group is simply a lot less useful. If your principle was
> > carried out generally for all releases it would be unwieldy for such a
> > large part of my cds that I wouldn't use MBz anymore for ripping cds
> > (and therefore probably not use it at all). It would simply not be
> > useful.
>
> That principle is already applied to other release groups.  It's how the
> schema
> of MB currently is, like it or not.

I'm also under the impression that that's how NGS is/was supposed to
work - the release/medium examples on [0] all include *at least* the
release date and country to identify a specific release.

[1] also states that

> Information that was previously stored in a release event will now be
> stored at the release-level, effectively making each pre-NGS release
> event a separate NGS release, complete with its own MBID.

and the pre-NGS release events *did* include date and country fields.

[0] http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Database/Schema
[1] http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Server_Release_Notes/NGS_Beta_1#Release

--
Wieland