2013/2/24 symphonick <symphon...@gmail.com>

> 2013/2/24 Frederic Da Vitoria <davito...@gmail.com>

>>> cannot be

>>> point,
>>>
>>> I also agree. I have added some song collections having couple of songs
>>> missing. There's some benefit of knowing that those are actually missing
>>> and why releases never have these numbers performed. If someone would
>>> create a time line based on dates from relationships, we could also see
>>> that composer wasn't having a long break but was busy with a work which
>>> is currently missing.
>>>

>> Yes, I agree too
>>

> OK, seems there's pretty strong support for this, I'll remove that line
> later. Should we mention "drafts" in the guideline? The wikipedia page
> about Bruckner's c minor symphony mentioned a draft version.

I don't think so, as this could generate many Works with little value. I
suggest that a Work should either have at least one known recording or
performance (even if it is not currently in the MB database) or should be
the most recent common ancestor to two Works which are in the MB database.
To this we could also add the earliest known draft (it could be very
interesting to know when a Work started to be written).

We could also accept intermediate drafts if those allow to specify ARs (or
Advanced Properties when they are implemented) in a way which would not be
possible without entering that draft. For example, one could know that an
Artist collaborated on a draft although that Artist is not credited in any
"final" version. But these should be exceptions IMO.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org