On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM, symphonick <symphon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/2/27 ListMyCDs.com <musicbra...@listmycds.com>
>
> On 27.2.2013 13:09, symphonick wrote:
>>
>> > I disagree. Every arrangement that exists is not a valuable work, you
>> > can always credit the arranger with the arranger AR.
>>
>> Not everything is valuable but because of the rules we would be limiting
>> also valuable information. I can't add lyricist and translator names to
>> recordings. I can't link imslp scores and wikipedia urls to recordings.
>>

> If you feel that an AR is missing, why not make a RFC for a new AR?

I doubt anyone feels lyricists or translators belong on recordings. They
belong on works, the problem comes if there's only one recording of the
translation - should we then not add a work? (we probably should anyway,
right?). And if so, why not for an arrangement? Just because there happens
to be a recording-level relationship?

> "version for orchestra" could be a recording of "version for piano". It
>> makes no sense.

I assume he means it makes no sense to link an orchestration as a recording
of the original piano version just because there's only one recording of
that orchestration.

Of course, when we start being able to store instrumentation info on works
(which I fully expect will happen) this will make even less sense.

--
Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren