2013/2/27 David Gasaway <d...@gasaway.org>

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:13 AM, symphonick <symphon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> A scene is not a work. Also I can't see how it would be helpful for
>> anyone; scenes will seldom match track splits anyway, so instead of
>> creating a single partial performance AR to the act work, you'll have to
>> create one fore every scene.
>>

> I've only been passively following this thread/RFC but this comment got my
> attention.  If I'm reading your RFC right, we would only make "excerpt"
> works for for popular arias and choruses.  For an opera release, then, many
> recordings would have only a partial-recording-of AR to a Act work?  I
> really don't want to have to make decisions about what qualifies for that
> status and what doesn't.  Many times it's hard to tell just from track
> lists whether a track is an aria or a recitative (or both).  Would you be
> okay with only a recording-of-aria AR on a recording that contains both
> recitative and aria?

Yes, that was my thought too. But the idea with excerpt works was to use it
for recitals. A "real" opera recording should then only be linked to the
"original" works. But now I wonder how this will work in practice? And what
about compilations? I'm open for suggestions on how to rewrite that part...

/symphonick