I like that you changed around the order of the main definition. I still
think it's clunky but it does the job, and no-one else seemed to like
original audio track.
Lixobix: unless I'm misunderstanding, your version doesn't rule out
different masters and the part about editing and mixing is superfluous
because it's included in the first part? Can you explain how you think it
limits what qualifies as a MusicBrainz Recording? I think the current
definition, while it can be interpreted in different ways at least says
enough to let people know they might not understand the meaning intended
and read on.

I would change the audio track definition to:
An audio track is a captured series of musical, vocal or other sounds,
including existing recordings.
I think it's more comprehensive in meaning and does nothing to damage your
existing use of it.
Lixobix: I would continue to use audio track, I also see it as synonymous
with a (lower case) recording, but therefore I would use audio track to
avoid confusion with a MB Recording

Minor, but I would change editing to:
*Editing* involves adding, removing, lengthening, shortening or rearranging
sections of audio track. (note: not plural tracks, plural sections)

Mixing: I'd delete the second sentence. It's superfluous to the definition
and potentially confusing. If you want to help people understand, talk
about it in the usage guidance.

Mastering: I agree with symphonick but understand why you changed it - and
agree with davitofrg that 'indicate' might be the problem.
Some options:
MusicBrainz Recordings do not* *designate* *any particular mastering.
MusicBrainz Recordings **are not associated with* *any particular mastering.

Overall, I think the definitions are okay but could be better :o)