Hello,

On 03/23/2014 03:38 PM, Ulrich Klauer wrote:
> Rachel Dwight
>
>> We recently added the option to add additional attributes to works,
>> one of which was JASRAC work ID. As many of you all know, several
>> other collection societies have repertoires of their own and special
>> IDs for works. Below is a list of attributes with examples:
>
> what is the point? At least those works for which GEMA has
> authoritative information (because they were registered in Germany)
> are assigned an ISWC, by which you can easily look up the GEMA record.
> I assume that other collecting societies operate in a similar way.

Many MusicBrainz customers and users are trying to match their own
databases against the MusicBrainz database.  This is always a difficult
problem, often not even half of the local database can be automatically
matched with enough confidence.  If you cannot match most of your local
data with the same data in musicbrainz, the value you get out of
musicbrainz is somewhat limited.

So any data which helps our customers match their own databases against
MusicBrainz is useful -- identifiers for the same entity in other
systems/databases seem particularly useful for this if your local
dataset already has them.

-- Kuno.