Yeah, I have to agree with Paul, making documentation editors edit HTML
templates is an unnecessary complication, when there are plenty of existing
plain text to HTML conversion systems which would work just as well.

AFAIK our current system doesn't require any data from the rest of the
server, so what advantage does using TT provide? I'm also against any
further integration of the documentation system into the MBS codebase.

I do still think that putting it all on Git is a good idea though
(especially given the online editing capabilities of GH and BB). Just not
TT templates, and separate from the server code.