        commit 5a0216af3dc7c9dedc4dacb708191f0fd380bb73
        Author: Eric Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Date:   Tue Aug 19 06:34:57 2008 +0000

            Point the contact email to musicpd-dev-team

Every user that had commit access before can have an account, although I'm
still waiting on ssh keys from most of them.  avuton, cirrus, and jat
should be able to push.

Their fetch URLs will be in the following format:
  http://git.musicpd.org/$USERNAME/mpd.git
  git://git.musicpd.org/$USERNAME/mpd.git

Each user with a repository will have a top-level directory here:
  http://git.musicpd.org/

Push access via ssh follows this template:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:git.musicpd.org/$USERNAME/mpd.git

mpc and libmpdclient will follow migration to git this weekend.  Other
projects may be migrated, too as I'm planning on having an
auto-registration tool for people to create new projects.

Each user will be responsible for backups of their individual
repositories.  I'm using repo.or.cz for mine.  I strongly advise against
using GitHub or any proprietary service.

Minimal, automated backups of skeleton repositories (no objects),
scripts (mainly clone-project.sh) and gitosis config will be generated
nightly and available here:

  http://bogomips.org/backups-git.musicpd.org/

In case there are vulnerabilities in ssh, each users public ssh key is
NOT be included in these public backups.  I also have the public keys
and backed up to a local machine.  However, if Los Angeles is swallowed
by an earthquake and the server and myself along with it; then the
public, bare backups will be sufficient to restore a full
git.musicpd.org mirror with each users coordination.

As a checks and balance system, I do not have (and don't want) control
of the git.musicpd.org domain name :)

Can somebody please make a wiki page for the git stuff and update the
website?  (I shouldn't have to do all the work! :)

--
Eric Wong