Hi,

I'm sharing a little progress with refactoring the audioOutput code:
I'm preparing the code for an API with an opaque audio_output struct,
to minimize ABI dependencies to the MPD core.  I have already created
a patch which moves each output plugin into its own thread, but this
one needs a little more work and testing.

I have imported 9 patches from Eric's branch, most of which deal with
optimizing ALSA output.  For those with high ALSA CPU usage: try to
boot Linux with hpet=force, and set "hpet" as clock source.

Max

Eric Wong (9):
      alsa: optimistically try resuming from suspend
      alsa: capitalize "ALSA" consistently in messages
      alsa: get rid of the needless canPause flag
      alsa: avoid unnecessary heap usage if we don't set a device name
      alsa: move bitformat reading code out of the way
      alsa: only run snd_config_update_free_global once atexit
      alsa: snd_pcm_sw_params_set_xfer_align is deprecated
      alsa: use blocking instead of non-blocking write
      storedPlaylist: correctly expand path when writing

Max Kellermann (7):
      timer: constant pointers
      output: removed keepAudioOutputAlive() declaration
      output: renamed method names
      output: moved code from audioOutput.c to output_control.c
      output: renamed the functions in output_control.c
      audio: replaced copyAudioFormat() with simple assignment
      audio: moved cmpAudioFormat() to audio_format.h

 Makefile.am                      |    3
 audio.c                          |   61 +++---------
 audio.h                          |    4
 audioOutput.c                    |  197 ---------------------------------------
 audioOutput.h                    |   20 ---
 audioOutputs/audioOutput_alsa.c  |  102 +++++++++-----------
 audioOutputs/audioOutput_shout.c |    2
 audio_format.h                   |    8 +
 decoder_api.c                    |    2
 output_api.h                     |   34 ++----
 output_control.c                 |  120 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 output_control.h                 |   41 ++++++++
 output_init.c                    |  113 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 storedPlaylist.c                 |   11 +-
 timer.c                          |    2
 timer.h                          |    2