On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:12:30 +0100
Max Kellermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I won't merge this patch, because I think this must be fixed in
> libflac.

Yea, after a nap and downloading FLAC source code, it does setup to
handle SIGILL and set the EIP ahead of SSE instruction.

Now here the thing, it does uses CPUID but if there FXSR(yes), SSE (no)
or SSE2 (no) support, it will try to see if the OS support SSE
instructions, now that is where it goes wrong.

I do not see why in libFLAC's cpu.c that if CPUID says that if the CPU
supports FXSR that it should test SEE support so I just compiled libFLAC
with -DFLAC__NO_SSE_OS and now see MPD will still crash with crossfade
off. It just that with crossfade on, the music still stops t-crossfade/2