Hi,

2008/11/20 Max Kellermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> These are "unsigned long*", but another idea came to my mind: maybe
> it's because the aac plugin doesn't include config.h.  Please try
> that...
It includes it indirectly through decoder_api.h - tag_id3.h. I tried
it include explicitly, brought the same result.

But the problem is not that HAVE_FAAD_LONG doesn't arrive at
aac_plugin.c, because it is there.
The prove for this is the warnings are on lines which are compiled in
condition of HAVE_FAAD_LONG.
The particular problem is that my gcc "finds this casting disgusting":
unsigned long *sample_rate_r = (unsigned long*)&sample_rate;
saying:
warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

The following "double casting" one works fine but it uses void* again :S
unsigned long *sample_rate_r = (unsigned long *)(void *)&sample_rate;
(warningless)

Regards,
Kodest

(I forgot to CC to the list...)