Max Kellermann wrote:
> Hello Linel,
Hi

> I happened to notice that you already pushed code to your public git
> repository.  I cannot merge this right now, because Viliam has changed
> the mixer API meanwhile.

Yes, I saw this, I'm a little busy this week but I already started to
make the changes for the last API version.
> If you have any patches which should be merged into master, please
> send a pull request on the mailing list ("pull
> git://git.musicpd.org/pat/mpd.git mixer_pulse", not replying to
> existing thread or I'll miss it), I'll merge your patches then.  If
> patches get merged early, they will be adapted to all API changes by
> other developers.
>
> If you want the pulse mixer merged, please adapt it to the new API,
> and submit the new patch.
>
> If you create a patch named "correct the new output pulse
> implementation", explain what exactly is corrected.  It is not obvious
> to me, because I don't know pulse.  When you submit the new patch, you
> can fold the "correction" patch into the initial pulse mixer patch.
>
> The patch "Begin implementation for pulse mixer" is superfluous,
> because it adds commented code.  This does not make sens, and this
> patch does not introduce any progress.
>
> Your patch initializes a "pa_threaded_mainloop".  Does that introduce
> overhead?  If yes, it must definitely be optional.  The whole pulse
> mixer code should be optional, for those who prefer to use their sound
> chip's hardware volume control, and those people should not experience
> any slowdown due to your patches.

The "pa_threaded_mainloop" control the mainloop of pulseaudio. So if the
pulse output is not used, there are no reasons to introduce overhead.
However I have a problem when a try daemonize mpd, may be the mainloop
stay locked. I'll look at it as soon as possible.

> Max

Pat.