On 2009/01/20 22:51, Linel Patrice <patnathan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is an intermediate commit to do a push on another server.

Don't submit intermediate commits.  Having intermediate commits in the
official repository may break bisections.  A patch should be complete
and self-contained, i.e. it improves MPD, and doesn't introduce a
regression.

If you fix bugs in a patch which isn't merged yet, fold the fixes into
the existing patch.

>> The patch "Begin implementation for pulse mixer" (d8efc9e0) looks
>> pointless, because it only adds some commented code.
> Yes, but it is an old one , you want me to remove it ?

Yes.  I see no reason to merge this commit, it doesn't improve MPD.

> What does not work, is when i launch mpd without --no-daemon it fails to
> get the volume on the mixer. So  I don't understand why.

Will you be able to find out?  Or do you need help?

> Do you want me to rewrite all my commit before doing the rebase?

I don't know if it makes sense to split the pulse mixer into separate
patches.  So the easiest way to get your code merged would be to copy
your pulse_mixer.c into a new clone of the master repository, and only
apply the Makefile.am changes.  This way, you don't have to go through
all the rebasing/merging pain again.

I will never get tired of telling people to use stgit!  stgit allows
you to refine your patches until they are complete, without creating
tons of useless non-self-cointained intermediate patches.