On 2009/01/20 23:22, Linel Patrice <patnathan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok i'll do this after fixing the warnings.
> You prefer not to have a empty function (solving the certain unused
> variable), or have the warning?
> There are some of the warning ,I can not fix cause it is a callback
> function of pulse.

Those "unused parameter" warnings can be "fixed" by adding the
G_GNUC_UNUSED attribute.  This marks the variables as "unused but it's
ok", so gcc knows.

I'm trying to clarify the reason why I don't want to have your
intermediate patches: it's our differences in point of view:

Your point of view is: "I created the pulse mixer, then fixed
something, then merged to new API, then.... everything's one step in
my progress towards the final version".

That's however not important for me (as the maintainer who decides
what to merge).  As long as you develop stuff and it's not merged,
your (failed?) steps in-between don't matter.  They will only break
the code for people who use "git bisect".  As long as we know that the
intermediate steps don't work, we don't need them in the MPD git
history.  I'm not only interested in the end result, I also read all
individual patches.

A whole different topic is separating patches into logical steps:
create separate patches for separate changes.  As long as you only add
the pulse mixer, and not change any other source file, you don't need
to split, however.