On 2009/12/03 17:38, Metyl Methylius <the.me...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have few patches pending to merge. One is fixing old libFLAC API, one
> fixes new bug you've intoduced by the audio format bits change and one is
> just cosmetic.

Oh, thanks for the fix.  3 patches merged.

> Also I wanted to discuss some issues regarding ffmpeg encoder and ffmpeg
> input stream implementation.
>
> Currently there is no way of implementing input stream plugin which supports
> more than one protocol.

Yes, there is.  Have a look at the libmms input plugin, it supports 4
URI schemes.

> For input stream plugin using the ffmpeg's virtual file layer this its
> needed. FFmpeg can add support
> for those protocols: gopher:// http:// pipe:// rtp:// tcp:// udp:// i'm
> mostly interested in the rtp but maybe also others can be useful.

Go ahead, but keep in mind:

- be careful when you allow MPD to access local files and other
  security related stuff

- don't allow http:// when curl is enabled (same for other possible
  overlaps)

> I've also implemented a ffmpeg encoder but its not easy for configuration
> and supports only 16bit signed integer format.
> In theory this could be used by some twisted minds to stream WMA or anything
> else ffmpeg can encode and multiplex to some container.
> Problem is that many of the streams ffmpeg can produce i was unable to play
> as a http stream only when i saved the stream with correct
> extension. I think problem is that encoder cant tell to output plugin the
> right mime type to use.

The content types are hard-coded in the httpd output.  Should better
be provided by the encoder object - why not add a get_mime_type()
method to the API?