Because I missed it when I read the man-page (normally, you would put
the documentation for environment variables in a separate section, see
the main git man page, for example).

When I went looking in the source, I didn't find any getenv() calls,
but, of course, that is handled in libmpdclient code, and I failed to
look there.  I added MPC_FORMAT for completeness, but I don't see a
real use for it.

So ignore my patch (I've deleted the repo from my server).  I'll come
back when I've added something useful.

Jeff