Hello, folks

I've already asked this question on the forum [1], but both solutions are not
optimal. Is it
possible to make streams between mpd and icecast persistent?  I.e. even when
player paused or
stopped, can it generate null samples with specified bitrate to keep clients
connected? The only
time when it can stop feeding to icecast is when corresponding output get
disabled.

I do some programmatic playlist rotation and when particular playlist is
finished (and before
next one will be loaded), player goes to stop state and drops connection to
icecast, forcing
all listeners to disconnect.

Capturing output from hardware soundcard is not an option anymore (I moved my
setup to hosted
server and plus I need to run several mpd instances), and liquidsoap eats too
much processing
power with unnecessary transcoding.

Also I tried pulseaudio, gstreamer and jack by using them as intermediate layer
and found no way
to solve this problem. They all stop their output as soon as input is gone.

[1] http://www.musicpd.org/forum/index.php?topic=2013.0