On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 01:06:34PM +0100, Qball Cow wrote:
> The silent fallback stream solution described
> http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Icecast2 is not sufficient?

No, this is what I tried first. If I correctly remember the details, this setup
gives
inappropriate switching delay and for me this was deal breaker (I need smooth
fadein/fadeout
transitions and high scheduling precision).

Liquidsoap handles this more smoothly, but still sometimes skips short tracks
(3-5 seconds
long).