On 2010/10/05 14:42, Magras <magras-...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> This patch add support for id3v2 text encoding field. It transmute config
> file option "id3v1_encoding" to "id3_encoding". It used for id3v2 only if
> encoding field was set to "ISO_8859-1" (0x00). If "id3_encoding" not
> specified will be used "ISO_8859-1". In case utf8, utf16 or utf16be set in
> encoding field, mpd behavior did not change.

ID3v2 has a well-defined encoding for tag values.  Please explain why
you want to override it.

Besides that, there are two formal reasons why I cannot merge that
patch:

- it adds a feature to the "stable" branch.  The stable branch is only
  for bug fixes.

- it removes an existing option; MPD fails to start with old
  configuration files, which is not acceptable.