Sorry for my mistakes (and for english). It`s my first attempt for patching
else`s code.

 Reason why I want to add ability to select encoding for id3v2 is real life. In
Russia at least one third of mp3 files has id3v2 tags with text encoding set to
"ISO_8859-1" (0x00), but text stored in CP1251 (1-byte cyrillic encoding). Some
japanese tags use this trick too. Most of the players has options for configure
which encoding use instead of iso-8859-1. For example it is:
 - winamp (I have no it, but I asked for test some files)
 - audacious2 (has option for autodetect encoding, or use fixed)
 - aimp2 (I`m don`t found option for this, but it read files with cp1251 right,
japanese encoding fails)
 - foobar2000 (same with aimp2)
 - xmplay (same with aimp2)
That only what I have on my desktop or I know it exactly.
 So it`s two ways to resolve this problem: convert all tags to unicode, or add
ability to read this tags to player. I don`t like to touch data, that's why I
choose first.

 First formal mistake I try to resolve.
 And how to be with second I don`t know. Use idv1_encoding and idv2_encoding?

 Thanks for attention.

--
Magras
magras-...@yandex.ru