Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2011/04/19 00:56, Trevor Hemsley <trevor.hems...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> First, thanks for a great little application which I found works
>> well. Since all my playlists are listed in random order in the
>> selection, I've attached a small patch that sorts them
>> alphabetically in spl_list().
>>

> Playlists being displayed in random order is a client-side rendering
> "problem" that should be changed in the client, not on the server.

I've tried 3 different clients, Lyra, mpc and MPDroid and all 3 do not
touch the order of the playlists as returned by the server. It just seem
to me to make more sense to fix the server to do this so that all
clients get the fix. The current implementation does not work correctly
as it returns the playlist entries in random order as returned from teh
directory on disk.