Greeting (from first time poster)!

I've been using MPD for about a month now and love it very much so far!

Now, I came across what appears to be a bug and thought share it here and see
if I can get any inputs. (My apology in advance it has been reported.)

First my setup. My music library consists of a mixture of flac, mp3, and
(iTune) m4a files, and my primary client (for now) is Ario (using it both
locally in Ubuntu and over the network on a Windows box).

Here's the initial symptom:

When I customize the Ario's "Library Organization" to "Genre - Album - Title"
then Ario lists "Unknown" genre with all my m4a files listed in it. Everyone of
my audio files has its Genre tag set with EasyTAG.

I dag a little further with mpc. Let's say we have an m4a file for Michael
Jackson's Thriller (both album & title) listed under "Pop".

These searches work:
   mpc search album thriller
   mpc search title thriller

Meanwhile, these do not work:
   mpc search artist jackson
   mpc search album thriller genre pop

Oh, it does play m4a files just fine, just these 2 tags aren't working for me.

Has this been reported?

If someone can give me quick pointers to where to look in the source files, I
can look into the problem myself.

Thanks,
Kesh