rating is removed from GMPC. This was implemented using 'stickers' in MPD.
Stickers are still available in MPD. (There is no 'rating' support in
MPD, stickers allow you to store 'arbitrary' data with a song)

I removed rating from GMPC because I could not make a decent
implementation of it without a  (in my eyes to big) performance penalty
and lack of time (because I am the only developer for GMPC + plugins) I
did not want to maintain some 1/2 implemented code, so I removed it.
(See my blog).