On 07/17/2011 07:35 PM, Andre-John Mas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has there been any effort to reestablish the mpd forums?
>
> I went searching for help setting up mpd, but found the forum was closed, due
> to spam, which is a bit of shame.
>
> The videolan forums was having its fair share of spam problems, but for the
> most part this has been stemmed.
> Some of the solutions put in place include:
>
>    - a captcha during registration.
There was a re-captcha during registration.
>    - email account confirmation.
That was there too.
>    - requiring all new users to have their first three posts being approved,
> before being visible in the forum.
That might have helped. However it would require the next point.
>    - a suitable number of moderators to keep things in check.
There you have the real big issue.  I was doing it on my own, nobody
else cared or wanted to contributed to it. So after asking for help a
few time, I gave up.

If you step up and want todo some of the work, we can reopen the forums.