Hi all,

I've recently setup an Arch Linux based sheevaplug server, so it
occurred to me to find a decent way to send music to my various airport
express attached hifi's using my android phone as a remote.  Eventually
I stumbled across mpd and it looked like just the ticket.  After some
largely unsucessful faffing with pulseaudio with which zerconf didn't
quite work, and most playback applications stuttered like crazy I
eventually abandoned that idea and grabbed the git version of mpd
noticing it had a new raop output module.  Well, mpd configured like a
dream, as did MPDroid, and soon I had music streaming out of the
speakers downstairs glitch free.  Top job everyone!  Anyway, it's not
quite perfect since I can manage to segfault mpd quite easily with the
random version I picked up and I haven't tried out multi-raop yet, but
as mpd is by far the most promising solution for the perfect music setup
I thought I'd offer to help with testing raop support if that'd be useful?

Cheers

Tim