On 2012/03/06 00:36, Steven Blackburn <st...@beeka.org> wrote:
> I keep toying with the idea of trying to add album art support to the
> MPD protocol, which would make GUIs like this look more user-oriented. I
> saw this on a wish-list somewhere... is there a high-level design /
> thoughts on how this would be done?

I have extended the decoder plugin API to support arbitrary tag names
recently, and I have been thinking about how to expose them to the
client, in particular the LYRICS tag.  This tag can be large and
multi-line, both of which does not go well with the MPD protocol.

It needs to be extended to support binary chunks.  That will also be
the first step towards providing album art by allowing certain files
to be downloaded.

I didn't come up with a good protocol design yet.