On 2012/04/14 15:29, Iskren Chernev <iskren.cher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think a better approach would be to try and reconnect to the stream
> (especially if its non seekable -- I'm not 100% if that happens only
> for radios, or some stupid https serving mp3 may also be), all the
> time, or maybe after a long pause.
>
> I just got a rough understanding of how the input and decoder layer
> work, but I'm not sure if the change should be introduced inside
> input_curl or on a higher level.

We have a bug report for this, but I havn't gotten around to fix it
yet.

What we need is two things:

- the input plugin API should get a new method, maybe called pause(),
  which suspends buffering for relevant plugins.

- for radio streams (remote, not seekable), the pause() method could
  tell its caller "don't bother keeping me open", and some code a few
  layers up will close it and reopen on resume