Hi,

Sorry about posting a somewhat user oriented question to the dev mailing list,
but with the forum down not sure where else to go (is it coming back?).

I'm working on a script to parse bandcamp album pages and passes them over to
mpd as http streams (one stream per track).  Using 'mpc add $url' in bash for
each track at the moment, which works great in terms of getting the album
loaded, but it's pretty poor in terms of playlist readability.  Is there a way
to provide MPD artist, album, & title for a track when you add a http url?  Is
it something that mpc can do, or alternatively something I can do with a
library like python-mpd?  The API reference is also missing from
musicpd.org/doc/...

Thanks,

Lee