Hi,

I've been doing some work with ffmpeg & mpd, had a few questions.  I've tried
most of the official releases of ffmpeg up to 11.1, as well as mpd .16.x and
.17.x.

1. WMA lossless fails to work.  Based on the logs (attached) this would appear
to be an libavcodec/ffmpeg problem, but if I call ffmpeg directly from the CLI
it decodes wma lossless to wav no problem, which leads me back to mpd.  Sample
file: http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/lossless/

2. mpd won't properly link to ffmpeg during compilation.  It finds ffmpeg
during configure, and after compilation --version shows the it's included, but
any attempt to actually use the input plugin fails silently, nothing in the
verbose debug log.  I finally found the solution was to compile ffmpeg with the
'bindir' configure flag, using the 'prefix' flag alone doesn't work.  Not sure
if this is an mpd problem or ffmpeg issue.

3. Is ffmpeg ever used for encoding with mpd?  I'm trying to build ffmpeg with
the bare minimum of functionality to support audio decoding, wanted to make
sure I could disable all the muxers/encoders/video functions, etc.

If 1 and/or 2 are bugs I can open up issues on the bug tracker with more detail.

Thanks,

Lee