reflum,

On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 21:40 -0800, zeek wrote:
> I currently have two outputs defined (alsa + shout). Regardless of the
> various adjustments I make to the icecast config I get a 5-8 second
> delay with various clients receiving the stream. This is noticeable as
> the desired configuration is room to room.

icecast is designed for broadcasting not for super-low-latency
streaming. In fact this is not possible with both HTTP and most higly
compressing codecs.

> Any ideas?

In most cases I suggest to pass the audio on the analog layer between
rooms (e.g. with a 100V system or using line level with good cables and
amps in each room). This is most robust in general case.

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)