Good day.

I was trying to test the new database plugin, as mentioned at:

   http://www.musicpd.org/doc/user/ch05.html

but I am not sure how to. I have a current GIT-checkout, compiled with
libmpdclient, and added

   database {
       plugin "proxy"
       host "myhost"
   }

to my /etc/mpd.conf (while commenting the db_file entry). Although there
are no complaints on startup, MPD does not seem to agree that it should
now have a database:

   # mpc search album foo
   error: No database

Although I'm not sure that it would be necessary, I also installed the
same version of MPD on "myhost", but that did not change things.

I did notice the comment at:

http://git.musicpd.org/cgit/master/mpd.git/commit/?id=63a2ac21e1d8190448057fbf24d5ab948d3daff8

that says "[ ... ] but MPD is still hard-coded on the simple plugin" but
what does that mean exactly? Does it mean that I simply cannot use/test
it at the moment?

Kind regards,
Rene