[To the list this time...]

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 04:43:06PM +0100, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2012/12/26 09:28, Jonathan Ballet <j...@multani.info> wrote:
> > I wonder if there is other use of stickers in other clients, and if
> > there is such place where I can find a standard?
>
> Years ago, somebody started a document with some suggestions, but he
> soon lost interest.  After no new maintainer emerged, I deleted the
> file from git.  Anybody may dig it out and revive it.

The related commit is 32441175f407367f2f9b55f2a4c332d10186a695 but I'm
not sure exactly why the document has been deleted. Beside the less than
formal style, it provides some valuable informations and I don't see
much maintenance to it beside updating it when clients add new stickers
usage or if someone request changes or details.

I'm willing to propose a reinclude this document in the official
documentation, considering that I can change the style to be more
suitable for a technical doc and add a new paragraph which indicates to
client developers how to "contribute" to the stickers effort (basically,
contact the ML, provide a spec to be discussed, make a patch to the doc,
etc.)

After that, I'll propose a "favorite" sticker tag to be included in this
doc.

 Jon