Hello mpd-dev-team:

I am on a OSX 10.8.2 notebook and decided to download and compile top of
the tree in order to grab some fixes that I think were pertinent to my
environment. I am using MacPorts compiler gcc 4.7.2_2 with the latest XCode
CLI tools.

I noticed when I compiled there were a lot of Glib warnings regarding
deprecated APIs. I am no Glib expert but it seems as of version 2.32 had a
lot of its synchronization and threading APIs refactored especially around
allocation and initialization.

I started to remove the warnings with a lot of #if conditionals but I was
curious if the project plans to move the base version of Glib to 2.32
instead of 2.16?

That would at least make the changes to mpd a lot less ugly. But I am not
sure what are the implications of such a change (regression etc.).

Cheers!

-aps