10.01.2013 17:34, Max Kellermann пишет:
> WTF?

It's called Windows programming :-D

You could inspect psdk_inc/_socket_types.h

> What is the practical problem then?  After MPD has accepted its two
> billionths client, further connects will fail?

I'm not sure if this is documented behavior or rather implementation
detail. Just my observations on my particular system. Since nobody
complained about such errors it looks that such situation is a current
behavior for many systems.

> In MPD, there should be a class wrapping a socket descriptor, which
> hides implementation specific details.

That's simplest part

> On Linux, we could easily use symbol versions, but on Linux this isn't
> a problem anyway.  I don't know if DLLs can have versioned symbols.
> But on Windows, we could add another symbol for the SOCKET type, and
> make all functions with "int" static+inline wrappers which cast to
> SOCKET and call the new function.  Therefore, binaries which were
> compiled with the new headers will use the new symbols, and old
> binaries will continue to use the old symbols (which will continue to
> exist as long as "2" is the major version).

So practically this requires adding one more function for each function
that deal with sockets?

If new functions would be implemented as static+inline wouldn't it break
the ABI for already compiled programs? Because such functions exist only
at compilation stage and are not present in the compiled .DLL

--
Denis