Hi Jurgen and all,

I am the lead developer of Voyage MPD and I experience the same issue (hang
at the end of playing) when replaying the .dff files downloaded from 2l.no.
More specifically, the mpd process consume 100% of a single core.

If I convert those problematic files to .dsf using Korg AudioGate, the
problem resolved.

Did others experience the same?  I would like to see this fix or if anyone
have pointer to aid me look into I, I can help.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Jim Salk <js...@salk.net> wrote:

> I have been experimenting with using MPD to play DSD files and ran into an
> issue.****
>
> ** **
>
> I am using an Alix 2 board, Voyage 0.9 rc2 and driving an AURALiC Vega
> DAC.  Every once and a while, when a .dff file reaches the end, MPD hangs.
> I can restart it and it will pick up again playing the same file.  And as
> long as the file does not reach the end,  and I can switch to another file
> with no problem.  But if I let the file play to the end, MPD hangs.  If I
> convert that same file to .dsf, MPD handles it just fine.****
>
> ** **
>
> Is there an issue playing .dff files with MPD?  If so, is anyone working
> on this?****
>
> ** **
>
> By the way, I did not notice this testing on a MAC using Audirvana as a
> player.  ****
>
> ** **
>
> Other things I noticed are that you cannot advance to another location in
> the track and DSD128 files are played as DSD64.  I am sure everyone is
> aware of these limitations already, but am just pointing them out.    ****

Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

P U N K N ! X  . c o m
Technology + Lifestyle (http://www.punknix.com)

/** Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems **/
 // Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
 // Voyage ONE   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-one)
 // Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
/** Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk) **/