On 2013/12/17 16:12, Craig Tolley <ctolle...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>    May have missed this in the docs, but as far as I can see there is no
>    option for MPD to play the incoming audio on a Line In interface. Of
>    course, if I am wrong, please let me know!
>
>    If this is the case, then I would be interested in writing this plugin if
>    this would be ok?

Just a few days ago, somebody posted a feature request for this:

 http://bugs.musicpd.org/view.php?id=3903

This should be implemented as an "input plugin", loading PCM data from
an ALSA device.

And sure, patch is very welcome.  Tell me your mantis account name,
and I'll assign the ticket to you.  Also read
http://git.musicpd.org/account-policy.html