Islam means submission to Allah (God). It is the same root with Salam (SLM)
which means peace.
Islam is not invented by Muhammad PBUH. In fact, Muhammad is just one of the
prophets of Allah. The last prophet of all.

Prophets such as Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, etc all taught Islam
religion. Maybe we do not aware of this, but many of them say that they bring
“PEACE” (Islam) to the world.

Actually “CHRIST BRINGS PEACE” means Jesus brings Islam {Isaiah 9:6; John
14:1-4, 27}

Even Jerusalem which is the holy city for Judaism, Christian, and Islam means
DarusSalam or the “Country of Islam.”

All those prophet taught us one important thing: The Oneness of God. Worship
only Allah and do not join anything with Him. This principle is found in the
Ten Commandments of God and Al Ikhlas Chapter in the Al Qur’an.

Allah has sent Islam from the beginning since Adam era, though the teaching and
ritual still simple. After that the religion was developed by Allah according
to human development and sent through His prophets such as Noah, Abraham,
Moses, Jesus, and the last is Muhammad PBUH. At Muhammad’s era, the religion
was already perfected and no addition necessary.

Islam holy book is Al Qur’an. This is the main guidance for all Muslims (Muslim
is the confessor of Islam). The second guidance is Hadeeth consist of
Muhammad’s actions, sayings, and permissions. The famous hadeethes are from
Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Turmudzi, and Ahmad’s books.

If one wants to enter into Islam, he/she must testify: “There is no God but
Allah and Muhammad is Allah’s messenger”

Islam consists of 3 levels: Iman (Faith), Islam, and Ihsan (Goodness).

6 Principles of Faith:
1. Believe in Allah
2. Believe in Angels
3. Believe in Holy Books with Qur’an as the last Holy Book
4. Believe in Allah’s prophets with Muhammad as the last prophet
5. Believe in the Day After
6. Believe in Destiny whether it is good or bad

5 Pillars of Islam
1. Testify there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger
2. Shalat (Prayers) 5 times a day
3. Fast in the month of Ramadhan
4. Paying zakat (donation) if he/she can afford it.
5. Hajj (pilgrimage) to Mecca if he/she can afford it

Ihsan: praying to Allah as if we can see Allah. Otherwise we have to be sure
that Allah is watching us

Read more at:
http://islammyreligion.wordpress.com/2010/04/07/what-is-islam
===
Belajar Islam sesuai Al Qur'an dan Hadits
http://media-islam.or.id
Milis Ekonomi Nasional: ekonomi-nasional-subscr...@yahoogroups.com
Belajar Islam via SMS:
http://media-islam.or.id/2008/01/14/dakwah-syiar-islam-lewat-sms-mobile-phone