In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

"May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

Praise  be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with

Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds.  Whomsoever
Allaah
guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah  leaves astray, no one
can guide. I bear witness that there is no god  but Allaah, and I bear witness
that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

This May Be Your Last Ramadan...

People approach Ramadan in different  ways. Its perception differs from people
to people.

Some people view  Ramadan as a period of expressing their undying love for the
Beloved.  For them, Ramadan is a valuable, precious, and rare occasion. They
spend  all their time doing good, convinced that the reward of each act is
multiplied manifold. Patience, sympathy, and generosity beautify the  demeanor.
They guard their tongues and remain preoccupied in recitation  of Quran and
Duaa, seeking forgiveness, begging for Jannah, and seeking protection from
Jahannam.

There are others who regard Ramadan as a painstaking task. It is a  painful
practice and a torturous month for these so called moderates.  They reluctantly
keep Sawm and offer Salat. Their concept of Siyam  is limited to physical
abstention of food, drink, and marital  relationship with wife. They spend
their
time in chitchat, watching TV,  and wasting their nights in markets and
restaurants. They are not ever  inclined towards Khairat, nor are they careful
of their Ibadah. Their goal in Ramadan is to prepare for Eid.

The following Hadith suitably describes their spiritless actions:
"Many  are the ones who keep Sawm attaining nothing by such except hunger, and
many perform Salat by night attaining nothing by it except the  discomfort of
staying awake."

(Ibn Majah)Rasulullah  (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) further stated that: "
Allah   does not  require the discarding food and drink of the person who fasts

but does  not refrain from bad speech and action." (Sahih Bukhari)

There is yet a third group who is hardly ever moved by Ramadan. They never
believe in Ibadah  and remain busy in their worldly activities. They are less
concerned  with religion, and nor have the will or the time to change their
daily  routines, as per injunctions of the Shariah.

The following Hadith should serve as a harsh warning to them:
"Jibrael  appeared before me and said: "Woe to him who found the blessed month
of  Ramadan and let it passes by without gaining forgiveness". Upon that I
said: Aameen".(Sahih Bukhari)

He also said:  "Whoever does not fast for even   one day in Ramadan..., without
a valid  excuse, shall never be able to   repay that day even if he fasts for
the rest of his life" (Ahmad)

Ramadan  is a School which after completion of one month course gives result to

each believer, to evaluate his position. Ramadan is a sacred training  School
where a believer learns how to recharge ones spiritual  batteries-to gain ones
provision for the Akhirah.

If one can not attain advantage from this month then when will he do so? This
is
the month for renewing our Aqidah, strengthening our willpower, and seeking
Taubah, a unique opportunity to fortify the bond of love with our Creator,
through Ibadah Zahirah & Aamal Batinah. Salat and Zakat are inter-connected and
linked to the category of Ibadah Zahirah. Instructions have been given that
Faraid should be done openly, so other people should incline towards it.
Khairat
is under the head of Aamal Batinah which has direct link to Allah alone.

It is a noted fact that after each Ramadan, on Eid holidays many people indulge
in immoral, shameless and indecent activities of enjoyment, which Shariah
condemns. People revert to entertainment of music, forbidden films, and  women
displaying their beautification etc.

They spend lavishly on  gambling, drinking, and profligacy, and consider it as
part of joy of  the festival. Involvement of the Muslims in such nefarious
activities is  the major cause of humiliation and fall of Muslim Power
worldwide. When  non Muslims observe the ugly life style of Muslims they enjoy,
and  support them. Ramadan ends with Eid al Fitar but the deeds and actions
displayed during Ramadan should serve as facilitator which should be followed
throughout the year. Eid is a bliss occasion of Islam which has no concern with
the festival of other faiths.

Brothers and sisters in Islam! Fear Allah  Taala and beware of wasting   your
life away in futile activities. Make  use of your time by being   positive and
constructive, for it is by  doing so you can achieve the   pleasure of Allah
Taala.

This may well  be your last Ramadan..., your last   opportunity to benefit from
the  special blessings and forgiveness that   accompanies this month.

Know  that Ramadan... is a manifestation of Allah   Taalas bountiful  blessings
on His slaves. Use it as a turning point in   your life; a  time for
transformation towards a better way of life; a   change from  the ignominy of
sins to the glory of obedience; from   weakness and  laziness to strength and
vigour; from bad customs and   detestable  habits to righteousness and upright
conduct.

Perhaps it may be our last  Ramadan, our last opportunity to benefit from the
special blessings and  forgiveness that accompanies this month, for who knows
we
may be there  or not to receive the blessings next year.

http://www.missionislam.com/ramadan/ramadanlastmaybe.html
http://www.redgage.com/blogs/shakirjamali/perhaps-it-may-be-our-last-ramadan.html

 Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to
post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in
not-for-profit publications.