Dear all,

Thanks for all the responses and offers of help received in response to
my e-mail below, both on and off-list. Those who responded off-list have
been asked to join the mailing list so hopefully everyone will see this.

Valentin is in the process of setting up GIT and the bug tracking
system. Once this is available I will start putting contributions and
corrections into it.

However that's no good if people don't know what to do with them, so I
have compiled a list of instructions of how I update pieces in Mutopia,
along with the scripts for doing so. They will work on Linux or Mac OS,
java and bash are required. See:

http://www.mutopiaproject.org/UsefulScripts/
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/UsefulScripts/readme.html

If you have volunteered to work on updating and/or adding new pieces to
Mutopia please take a look at the scripts and see how they work.

The scripts are a bit clunky but generally get the job done. I am
planning to move all the java stuff to python, along with the website
backend (currently in perl) so that python, bash and lilypond are the
only prerequisites for building the website.

Please feel free to have a play with the scripts. They should work on
any recent Mutopia contributions, eg. search by LilyPond version for
those using 2.14.

Again, thanks for the offers of help, and we can hopefully get started
on the backlog of contributions soon.

All offers of help which this message doesn't apply to (translations,
etc.) have been logged and I will respond in due course.

There is also the website backend to look at; a nice lump of perl for
some brave programmer to unravel.  ;-)

Chris