On 30.04.2015, Mutt wrote:

>  With Snowden, we know for a fact that metadata matters, in fact
>  "[http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2014/may/10/we-kill-people-based-
>  metadata/ We Kill People Based on Metadata]".

According to the column you cited, the relevant metadata is whom you connect
to, who sends you mail and receives mail from you, as well as the frequency of
mails and the location of your communication partners.

The "User-Agent" header indicates the piece of software and that you're using
Linux. Everybody can easily find out that, because you're posting to public
mailing lists related to Linux. And most of the email sent worldwide isn't
encrypted either..

>  So please, let's change the default to "no".

For me it doesn't matter if its "yes" or "no". And I'm surely not the one who
will decide that. But does it really matter?