On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 02:21:59PM +0100, Michael Tatge wrote:
> * On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 05:28AM -0400 Grady Martin (sunnycemet...@gmail.com)
> muttered:
> > Searching for "Derek," for example, does not return messages from you.
>
> Why would you search for "Derek[comma]"?

Standard English quoting rules...

> Searching for "Derek" with the default $simple_search "~f %s | ~s %s"
> returns lots and lots of messages from "Derek Martin".

He means, when he himself is the sender (i.e. the "from" address).

My first message was meant to be a hint, rather than to spell out the
answer.  Here's another hint:  simple_search, like index_format, is a
variable.  It can be changed...

You probably can't get precisely what you want, but you can
approximate it.  Search != display--they do different things, and have
different behaviors.  I happen to think the default behavior is
sensible.

-=-=-=-=-